My husband and I on Sassafras Mountain
Owner and operator of Necessary Photography
Wellll…I’m married to a bearded hunky hubby who's most at home under the hood of his 1971 Monte Carlo, bangs out tunes on his Fender bass, is an ER nurse, and is the glue that holds our family together. I'm mom to two of the most awesomely crazy boys on the planet, and fur momma to two goofy Blue Tick Coonhounds and two horses. I have a serious addiction to chapstick, French vanilla coffee, tattoos, inspirational quotes, and horseback riding through the mountains.. I’m funny, sarcastic, compassionate, patriotic and fantasize about waking up in Wonderland.
• making lists
• crossing things off my list
• time with my boys
• camping (I'll take a dirt hiking path and starry open skies any day of the week)
• sipping coffee all day long
• horseback riding through the mountains
• my dogs, Blue & Della
• Melting Pot evenings with my hunky hubby
• my handsome horses, Dual & Uno
• getting lost in a historical fiction novel
• anything to do with Montana (can I please live in Glacier National Park?)
• mean people (it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice)
• doing the dishes (frankly – cleaning in general)
• being in front of the camera - this girl was meant to be behind the lens!
Necessary Photography is Pickens County’s premier portrait photographer. In July 2016, Necessary Photography relocated to the upstate of South Carolina from Myrtle Beach, SC. While Pickens is home, I am available for travel throughout the southeast.
I specialize in unique, stylish, custom photography for high school seniors, dancers and families. My work has been featured nationally in photography and non photography publications, including:
Help Portrait Blog
5th place in 2015's Shoot & Share International Photo Contest
Eccentric Edge Magazine
Cover of "Breaking the Silence of Bullying"
Local magazine covers, like The Weekly Surge
Cover of Ten Toes Up: Live CD
Cover of The Necessary Band's The Traveller
Shooting Star Magazine feature
Cover of Garden City Vacation Guide
Official Artist in Residence for South Carolina State Parks