Owner and operator of Necessary Photography
Wellll…I’m married to a bearded hunky hubby who's most at home under the hood of his 1971 Monte Carlo, bangs out tunes on his Fender bass, is an ER nurse, and is the glue that holds our family together. I'm mom to two of the most awesomely crazy boys on the planet, and fur momma to a talkative Husky mix who is, no doubt, obsessed with tennis balls, a goofy Blue Tick Coonhound, and four horses. I have a serious addiction to chapstick, French vanilla coffee, tattoos, inspirational quotes, horseback riding through the mountains, and off-roading in my Wrangler. I’m funny, sarcastic, compassionate, bossy, patriotic and fantasize about waking up in Wonderland.
• making lists
• crossing things off my list
• time with my boys
• camping (I'll take a dirt hiking path and starry open skies any day of the week)
• sipping coffee all day long
• horseback riding through the mountains
• my dogs, Aspen & Della
• Melting Pot evenings with my hunky hubby
• cruising with the top down off the beaten path in the Wrangler
• reading all things fantasy (Heeeelllloooo, Edward Cullen)
• anything to do with Montana (can I please live in Glacier National Park?)
• mean people (it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice)
• doing the dishes (frankly – cleaning in general)
• being in front of the camera - this girl was meant to be behind the lens!
Necessary Photography is Pickens County’s premier portrait photographer. In July 2016, Necessary Photography relocated to the upstate of South Carolina from Myrtle Beach, SC. I serve the following communities: Pickens, Seneca, Walhalla, Westminster, Greenville, Travelers Rest, Easley, Salem, and Liberty.
I am excited to join the upstate community and looks forward to getting some phenomenal shoots in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains! I specialize in unique, stylish, custom photography for high school seniors, dancers and families. My work has been featured nationally in photography and non photography publications, including:
- Photographer’s Connection
- Evoking You
- Help Portrait Blog
- 5th place in 2015's Shoot & Share International Photo Contest
- Eccentric Edge Magazine
- Senior Style Guide
- Cover of "Breaking the Silence of Bullying"
- Local magazine covers, like The Weekly Surge
- Cover of Ten Toes Up: Live CD
- Cover of The Necessary Band's The Traveller
- Shooting Star Magazine feature
- Cover of Garden City Vacation Guide
- Local and National news coverage for senior portrait
- Official Artist in Residence for South Carolina State Parks